We had a great night hosting the inaugural Twhisky event last night for the 250th Robbie Burns anniversary, and want to thank all of the people who participated. A few of the highlights for us included:
* Almost 600 people following Twhisky;
* 100 people actively responding and engaging with the event;
* Being a “trending topic” on Twitter – alongside Obama, Australia Day, Chinese New Year and Slumdog Millionaire;
* A mention by internet celebrity Robert Scoble (over 50,000 followers!);
* Some really entertaining moments along the way;
* Giving a Jura book prize away on the night;
* Raising some money for the Robbie Burns Fundraiser;
* The great time we had with good food, good friends and some brilliant malts.
We tasted three drams on the night: Aberlour 10; Isle of Jura 10; and Laphroaig 10. All of them different, all distinct and all enjoyed. Here are some of our favourite ‘tweets’ about each from the participants in Twhisky:
Isle of Jura
Thanks so much for a brilliant event, everyone – and we look forward to the next one. Stay following @twhisky for details of the next event – and feel free to drop us a note with any comments, feedback or suggestions for improvement for next time.
If you want to scan through all of the Twhisky goings-on for the evening, here’s the Twitter search results for the term: over 30 pages of discussion(!).
Dear Andrew and Clutch,
It was a fantastic event and I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the comments.
Roll on the next one!
Guys, was great fun – I’d look into setting up a RSS/email alert purely for tasting date announcements though to ensure people don’t miss out…