Penderyn on St David’s Day

Penderyn - Welsh single malt whisky
Single malt from Wales

Partly to celebrate St David’s Day today – but mostly because it was long overdue, Clutch and I decided to try the samples of Penderyn that the Welsh Whisky company had kindly sent us.

Nose:
Custard, vanilla, tangerine, honey-roasted peanuts, tiny touch of smoke.

Palate:
Flumps. Seriously: Flumps. Also, condensed milk, cream toffee… Penderyn is a dessert whisky.

Finish:
Very smooth, rounded, unassuming, a little astringent.

Verdict:
Quite quaffable, very enjoyable. A lovely dram that would welcome newcomers to the world of malts… and a lovely way to finish off St David’s Day.

Dubber and Clutch on Twitter:

@davidjmclare Some good ones in that pic. Give the Highland Park a go. Very drinkable…

You should follow us here

No Trackbacks

7 Comments

1. I can’t help noticing the Apple behind the whisky.

Is this some new venture Mr Jobs is exploring?

Or does a combination of Apple and the consumption of whisky explain their current travalis with the iPhone4…??!

Posted July 16, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Permalink
  2. Oh wow. I wish I actually had some taenlt in the kitchen. I think I need to lovingly suggest this recipe to my girlfriend. I wonder what other sort of desserts could be made with whisky/bourbon/scotch..

Posted December 10, 2015 at 2:07 pm | Permalink
  3. You’ve really impressed me with that answer!

Posted April 11, 2016 at 9:10 am | Permalink
  4. I’m not looking for a fight or judging…I’m just confused. So many celebs who’ve declared themselves vegan do an aboutface when pregnant, yet claim they’ll go back once baby arrives. If they are vegan because of animal rights or real health beliefs they wouldn’t flipflop just because of cravings. Why are they vegan in the first place then? Can somebody enlighten me?

Posted July 8, 2016 at 3:07 pm | Permalink
  5. es que acaso en todas las fotos tiene que salir Mario Ernesto con su flamante esposa como recalcando: “OJO SOY CASADO” o “NO SOY GAY”?? y en todas tiene que decir “Nuestro director general”? tal vez tuviste como “maestro” a Chichán o creo que ahi hay un complejo tipo FRANCISCOBROWNGANTUS….anda con un psicólogo amigo….

Posted July 20, 2016 at 3:38 pm | Permalink
  6. i would love to attend the yoga classes in granollers but would it be possible to not stay for the food and residency as I have a dog and will teach late on Friday night and live in barcelona and will need to get back each night.Would it be possible?Many thanksHayley

Posted October 19, 2016 at 5:43 pm | Permalink
  7. > Chissà che magari a qualche vicedirettore Rai, o a chi nomina i vicedirettori, la cosa possa dare qualche piccolo spunto di riflessione.Se la nota trasmissione ha successo di pubblico (e temo che sia così) le speranza sono veramente poche: l'unico criterio adottato è quello!

Posted November 4, 2016 at 10:51 pm | Permalink