Sneak preview: SSS

One of the real pleasures of this job (it’s a job?!) is that occasionally you get to try things that just aren’t out on the market yet. Jura distiller Willie Cochrane brought out a bottle cryptically labelled ‘SSS’ and Clutch and I were offered an impromptu tasting in the still room.

It’s really quite a superb dram if you like your peated whiskies (and I certainly do). Certainly peatier than any Jura whisky I’ve ever come across.

You’re going to want to keep an eye out for Super-Strength Superstition, as well as Jura Prophecy which should be out soon too.

Dubber and Clutch on Twitter:

@davidjmclare Some good ones in that pic. Give the Highland Park a go. Very drinkable…

You should follow us here

1 Trackbacks

You can leave a trackback using this URL: http://dubberandclutch.com/2009/05/26/sneak-preview-sss/trackback/

1. […] Dubber and Clutch have video of a direct-from-the-cask tasting they did of a 1973 Jura Sherry Cask.  Also check out their video of a sampling of “SSS” – that is, Super-Strength Superstition. […]

6 Comments

1. Justin O

Good stuff – what does the shipping run to San Francisco ??

Posted May 26, 2009 at 8:06 pm | Permalink
  2. Kevin McAllister

That sounds amazing. When’s it coming out?!

Posted May 26, 2009 at 11:31 pm | Permalink
  3. Good  I should dnelfiteiy pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..

Posted December 10, 2015 at 3:35 pm | Permalink
  4. Frontere, « près de » ou « prêt à », oui.Il aurait fallu écrire :Il n’est pas encore près d’”être fait cardinal en grève”ouIl n’est pas encore prêt à Ӑtre fait cardinal en grève”.

Posted April 29, 2016 at 2:03 am | Permalink
  5. hola como ya vez mi nombre es erika es tuve biendo tus fofuchas y me gustaron muchas felizidades sabes ami tambien me gustan mucho las manualidades espero que me puedas en señar mas de tus fofuchas sin mas me despido y ojala me puedas contestar mil gracias

Posted April 29, 2016 at 2:09 am | Permalink
  6. Benvenuto nel blog,sua madre è seguita da un neurologo o da un geriatra? Ha già provato a rivolgersi ai servizi sociali del suo comune? Ha contattato le associazioni di familiari e professionisti del settore che sono presenti nella sua città? Ha richiesto la 104? Sua madre ha una badante?Deve allacciarsi ad una rete sociale d’aiuto, questa è l’unica ipotesi funzionale che mi sento di suggerirle.

Posted July 20, 2016 at 4:15 pm | Permalink