Whisky muffins

muffins

We made muffins. Of course, we can’t just make ordinary old muffins. We had to make WHISKY muffins. And yes, such a thing exists. The recipe calls for raisins to be soaked in the whisky, so after some deliberation, we decided that the cask strength Aberlour A’bunadh was the most raisiny whisky we had on hand.

The preparation process was pretty straightforward. Mostly, it was just ‘mix the ingredients together’. The results were pretty spectacular and the flavour of the A’bunadh managed to make it through the cooking process very well.

Here’s the recipe:

Whisky muffins
INGREDIENTS
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup whisky
2 tblsp honey
1 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup milk
50g butter, melted
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
METHOD
Gently heat raisins and whisky, then leave to soak for at least an hour. Add remaining ingredients to raisins and mix until just combined. Spoon into well-greased muffin pans and bake at 180C for 15-20mins.

Dubber and Clutch on Twitter:

@davidjmclare Some good ones in that pic. Give the Highland Park a go. Very drinkable…

You should follow us here

No Trackbacks

You can leave a trackback using this URL: http://dubberandclutch.com/2009/03/18/whisky-muffins/trackback/

6 Comments

1. Wow, who knew! Whisky muffins. Sounds delic!

Posted March 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Permalink
  2. Oh wow. I wish I actually had some talent in the kitchen. I think I need to lovingly suggest this recipe to my girlfriend. I wonder what other sort of desserts could be made with whisky/bourbon/scotch..

Posted March 19, 2009 at 4:27 pm | Permalink
  3. Sounds good. Next time I have whisky in the house, I might try adding it to bread. Have you tried that?
    Davie

Posted May 18, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Permalink
  4. This is the perfect web site for everyone who wishes to find out about this topic. You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject that has been written about for decades. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!|

Posted September 17, 2015 at 2:44 pm | Permalink
  5. Sе vencimento dᥱ um doѕ títulos do Tesouro Direto estiver ƅastante próximo,
    e também Brasil nãⲟ gozar moeda ρara saldar toɗos e cada ᥙm
    dos credores, governo tem uma saída que poɗerá salvá-lo. http://Therese.org/profile.php?id=9822

Posted January 25, 2017 at 7:25 am | Permalink
  6. Lembrando que, como nos outros treinamentos, do sítio trabalhamos com uma Garantia Incondicional de 30 dias. http://www.robsongbarros.xyz/

Posted February 4, 2017 at 9:03 am | Permalink